Bandwidth and IP Stats Not Even Close

Discussion in 'Tomato Firmware' started by fvultee, May 29, 2013.

  1. fvultee

    fvultee Reformed Router Member

    So I have the latest Shibby release for my E2000, everything works smoothly but I notice the bandwidth and IP related stats are completely erroneous. They show the devices on the network, RX and TX just fine. The problem is that they show traffic for devices that aren't currently on the network. For example I went out of town this weekend, but when I look at the bandwidth info for my laptop when I got home, it showed that this device, and other devices I had with me, had generated traffic on my network while I was away. All my devices are statically set via dhcp, so it's not some other device using the same IP while I was away. Any ideas why this would be happening? I also checked and the current date/time is correct, so it's not an issue of looking at the wrong date/time.
  2. Malitiacurt

    Malitiacurt Networkin' Nut Member

    Tomato devs are aware of it. RMerlin worked on it and basically fixed most of the issues. His fixes were ported to Toastman, can't remember to Victek, but not Shibby's yet.

    If you really want to know the issues/how it was fixed go to

    Too tired to go dig through which forum thread he posted his debugging/fixes in.
  3. Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant

    Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant Networkin' Nut Member

    Rmerlin has indeed been working on it and most of the fixes have migrated to at least some versions of tomato. I don't think shibby has yet included them, however if you look at git branch 'KDB-RT-N-sh' you'll find I've ported the fixes to a recent clone of shibby's branch. It's up to Shibby if he includes them, or tweaks them even further :)
  4. shibby20

    shibby20 Network Guru Member

    i have all patches in my local repo and i`m testing at the moment. In v110 all patches will be applied.
    darkknight93 likes this.
  5. RMerlin

    RMerlin Network Guru Member

    Long story short: there were numerous issues with the IPTraffic implementation that were recently fixed.

    1) Issue if you went over 2 GB (or was it 4 GB?) of traffic due to the use of 32-bit vars in numerous places
    2) Issue if bandwidth report updates were sent too quickly to the router, causing some traffic to get counted twice

    The Tomato devs have all the patches, so it's probably just a matter of time for them to test them, and make new releases incorporating the fixes.
  6. Elfew

    Elfew Network Guru Member

    RMerlin - thank you for your work... IPtraffic is now better and works great in latest Victek with your changes
  7. WRD - EasyTomato

    WRD - EasyTomato Networkin' Nut Member

    Indeed. Thanks to everyone who helped with this!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice