I don't know if I did something wrong, but here's what I did. Fresh install of firmware, cleared NVRAM and reset with the button. -Set IP settings to 172.16.3.1 255.255.252.0 DHCP assigns 172.16.0.x Statically assigned IPs assigned 172.16.1.x And now the problem. Everything looked like it was working at this point, but then any machine with a 172.16.0.x could not access a smb network on 172.16.1.x, if I moved it to 1.x, it could. What perplexes me here is that, I also have a webserver running on one of the 1.x machines on a non-standard port. 10080. Machines on 0.x could access 172.16.1.10:10080 via a browser, but still could not connect to it for networked file shares \\machine, nor \\172.16.1.10 I changed everything back to a Class C 192.168.x.x in the mean time, but I'm trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.