I figured I wouldn't cluttert the N mod thread with this... I noticed that while getting a decent enough wireless signal, the connection rate was always way below 300mbit.. mostly even lower than on my WRT54GL with high gain antennas (no change in trx power). So after a wireless survey, I wanted to see how the WRT54GL (still using Tomato 1.11 with the VPN mod) would do using the same wireless firmware as the N mod. Flashing the VPN beta 10 failed because it was too big, so I figured I'd give the original VPN mod, ND edition a try. Switched to the productive net, downloaded the file, forgot to switch back to the test net, and flashed the wrong router which now of course refuses to boot. So, long story short, the WRN3500L is brocked, and I don't have a JTAG or USB recovery cable. So I assigned a fixed IP to my computer, started a perpetual ping (ping -t 192.168.1.1), started the router, and upon getting an answer, try to push the original firmware to the router (tftp -i 192.168.1.1 originalfirmware.chk). According to the threads at myopenrouter, it seems to be timing dependant, butI haven't found the proper timing. Some suggest opening the router and shorting two pins, but I'd rather not void the warranty (I can always argue my way round having an alternative firmware on the router.. usually they swap out anything that doesn't boot anyways), and I got the router from a mail order company so sending back would cost money - so.. has anyone successfully recovered a WNR3500L using the tftp method, and if so, can you tell me precisely what you did, down to the timing.