1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Network Gone, Shows "linksys"

Discussion in 'Networking Issues' started by kyden, Sep 27, 2006.

  1. kyden

    kyden LI Guru Member

    I'm using a WRT54GS router in my home with a cable modem. I had no problem installing, setting up, or connecting the 4 computers (2 wire, 2 wireless) I have hooked up to it.

    However, last night my internet was not working. Sometimes simply powering off/on my setup resolves the problem so I tried that.

    My internet was working fine on my desktop. However when I went to connect wirelessly from my network my "Home Network" was nowhere to be found. Only one entitled "linksys." I connected to that and then it changed to "linksys-OW######." Now I can connect with 1 wirelessly and 2 desktops, but there I can't connect with 1 wirelessly and there is no security on it!

    Anyone know what happend or how I can get my old settings back? If you need more info let me know, I'll happily provide it for anyone who could help.

    Thanks in advance.
     
  2. ifican

    ifican Network Guru Member

    Log into your router and see if you settings are still intact. If everything looks ok at that point we can start looking into other causes but maybe the router rebooted and set itself back to factory defaults.
     
  3. kyden

    kyden LI Guru Member

    Looks like it was set back to the original settings. I didn't even think to check that, as it was my first time having to mess around with that.

    I just set everything back to what I originally had it as and everything picked back up.

    Thanks.
     
  4. Toxic

    Toxic Administrator Staff Member

  5. kyden

    kyden LI Guru Member

    I have and had it set on WPA-Personal with TKIP.

    It did it again tonight after I shut down my main computer (the one the router was installed on). I was still connected to the network, however the internet wouldn't work.

    Now I'm connecting wirelessly, but after a few seconds getting disconnected and getting "Potential Problem with Supplicant." So I turned on the main computer, changed the starting IP, and now it's working fine.
     

Share This Page