1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAS200 - not compatible with firefox?

Discussion in 'Cisco/Linksys Network Storage Devices' started by Jonesy_sa, Jun 9, 2009.

  1. Jonesy_sa

    Jonesy_sa Addicted to LI Member

    hey,
    I did a search but the function seems to be down as i keep getting directed to e-commerce sites....
    I just installed my nas200 and i can log into my files through firefox (lattest version) but when i attempt Administration i get a incorrect password error!
    In IE7 (which i hate to use) it works fine and i can log in to Admin.
    Has this been encountered before?
    thanks
     
  2. computeguy

    computeguy Network Guru Member

    NAS200

    I would check and compare your IE setting with FireFox, because I only
    use Firefox and never had a problem logging into my NAS200 even with
    version 2 of Firefox.
     
  3. Jonesy_sa

    Jonesy_sa Addicted to LI Member

    Yeah i assume its a setting. I wasnt not sure where to look though. Way to many settings to compare with one another. i have read of others having this issue in google searches so obviously there is something causing an issue.
     
  4. jac_goudsmit

    jac_goudsmit Super Moderator Staff Member Member

    I use Firefox unless there's no other way. For example my Firefox won't connect to my Linksys router (original firmware) because it has a bad security ceritificate and I can't add an exception because the same certificate is used by my Wireless Access Point. The only way to get to it is to use Internet Explorer which doesn't seem to care much about bad certificates. Fixing b0rked with b0rked...

    Try clearing the Firefox cache (especially cookies and passwords). Also try if you can erase the security exceptions. I'm not sure off the top of my head how to do this and I don't have time right now to figure it out, sorry.

    ===Jac
     
  5. Jonesy_sa

    Jonesy_sa Addicted to LI Member

    hi,
    i tried clearing all data but still had issues so ran Auslogics boostspeed and the clean utility in that. it found some cashe, offline pages and other bits of junk i couldnt delete. after that firefox has worked flawlesly ;-)
     

Share This Page