1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pppoe bug in Satori-4.0 v2.07.1.7sv???

Discussion in 'Sveasoft Firmware' started by tect, Jul 19, 2004.

  1. tect

    tect Network Guru Member

    Hi forum users,

    I have an interesting problem with the Satori 4.0 and WRT54G: After disconnecting the pppoe-connection via web-frontend it is impossible to connect again! The router tells something about "could not get IP-address from pppoe server".

    The router is configured to keep the pppoe alive, redial 30 sec.

    I checked ps via ssh: in the previous used Samadhi2 v2_2.00.8.6sv the pppoecd and redial processes where killed after disconnecting, in Satori they stay alive. But killing them manually does not help. I have to restart the router to be able to connect again.

    When I configure the router to connect on demand, reconnecting does work.

    Does anybody know how to avoid a reboot of the router? The manual connection is vital for me, because I have no flat rate....

    EDIT: The following I found out meanwhile ;)---------------------------------
    And by the way: does anybody know how to set up cron jobs and startup-scripts permanently in nvram without recompiling the firmware? What's the function of the empty rc_shutdown and rc_startup-values in nvram?

    Thanks for your help in advance and greetings from Germany!

  2. tect

    tect Network Guru Member


    Hi again,

    has nobody this problem?

    Could somone with DSL please test this issue? Just disconnecting via web frontend, do a ps and connect again and aonother ps.


  3. littlewhoo

    littlewhoo Network Guru Member

    I'm using Satori 4 on a WRT54G v1.1, too and on my router the pppoe process does get killed when disconnecting pppoe via web-frontend.
    Perhaps it's a problem with the pppoe implementation of your ISP? My ISP is GMX (Telekom infrastructure) and dis-/reconnecting is working fine. What's your ISP? I think I have read somewhere, that QSC has a non standard conforming pppoe implementation.

    It might also be a good idea to check, if it's working with another DSL modem.

  4. tect

    tect Network Guru Member

    Hi littlewhoo,

    thanks for your reply!!!

    My provider is also based on Telekom infrastructure (1&1), but my WRT54G is a V2. So this COULD be the cause.
    But the older FW versions worked without a problem, so something must have changed. The command line switches of pppoecd are the same, but the pppoecd versions are different.

    I tried several different DSL-routers without a problem, but I never changed the DSL-modem, because I have just one and it's an 3 years old Siemens, one of those big white boxes....
    I'll try to get another one from a friend. Stay tuned!

  5. peter

    peter Guest


    got the same problem.
    Provider is Hansenet and Firmware Satori-4.0 v2.07.1.7sv.
    Before update ... everything was fine.
    Even after 24h disconnect it doesn't reconnect.
  6. tect

    tect Network Guru Member


    got another DSL-modem for testing, but have no time till tomorrow. I will post when have news!
    But I don't think that's the modem. All my other routers work fine and even the WRT did before the firmware update.

  7. leofon

    leofon Network Guru Member

    Same here. Also got V2 router and 1&1 DSL and one of those big white boxes ;-). No problem reconnecting after manual disconnect.
  8. tect

    tect Network Guru Member

    Hi all,

    I tested different DSL-modems. Two old Siemens bricks, a slightly newer Telekom modem (produced in Isreal) and an AVM Fritz DSL-box without success.

    After that I tested different firmwares from Linksys and Sveasoft. The problem occurs ONLY with Satori v4!!! In Alchemy-pre5.1 v2.07.1.8sv this problem seems to be fixed, but I don't want to use it, because it's not official.
    Now I'm currently using Samadhi2_v2_2.00.8.6sv without problems.

    In short: If someone has problems with DSL and Satori, simply don't use it! :wink:

  9. Melchon

    Melchon Network Guru Member

    well i had exactly the same problem with my router, i fixed it by activating Dhcpd on the Adminstration -> Management page.

Share This Page