1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shibby Tomato Firmware 1.28.0000 MIPSR2-117 K26 USB AIO - Remote Access Problem

Discussion in 'Tomato Firmware' started by My Name, May 4, 2014.

  1. My Name

    My Name Reformed Router Member

    I mentioned this in another thread but did not see any responses.

    I have two Linksys E3200 Routers at two remote locations running Tomato Firmware 1.28.0000 MIPSR2-117 K26 USB AIO that work fine using Remote Access and Port 443 but both exhibit the same problem with br3.

    The instant I activate and save br3 Remote Access quits working on that router. To the outside world it appears that Remote Access is disabled and the site is unavailable.

    If I remove br3 Remote Access starts working again. As I recall MIPSR2-116 did this as well.

    My working setup is as follows



    br0 (LAN) - 192.168.1.1/24
    br1 (LAN1) - 192.168.11.1/24
    br2 (LAN2) - 192.168.12.1/24

    br0 (LAN) - 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.150
    br1 (LAN1) - 192.168.11.100 - 192.168.11.150
    br2 (LAN2) - 192.168.12.100 - 192.168.12.150

    The following setup causes Remote Access to stop working.



    br0 (LAN) - 192.168.1.1/24
    br1 (LAN1) - 192.168.11.1/24
    br2 (LAN2) - 192.168.12.1/24
    br3 (LAN3) - 192.168.13.1/24

    br0 (LAN) - 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.150
    br1 (LAN1) - 192.168.11.100 - 192.168.11.150
    br2 (LAN2) - 192.168.12.100 - 192.168.12.150
    br3 (LAN3) - 192.168.13.100 - 192.168.13.150

    This is the message I get using Firefox

    Unable to connect

    Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at xxxxxx.xxxx.xxx.

    The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

    Is this unique to my E3200 Routers or am I doing something wrong?
     
  2. paped

    paped LI Guru Member

    Just wonder if any one else has problems with br3? As on 131 there seems to be similar issues in that I have set br3 up to a new vlan but cannot port forward from the internet to the server, but internally the server is reachable. I have no issues port forwarding to the other br and vlan interfaces, even tested by moving the same server to another vlan and the port forward worked first time. So it's as if br3 has something not right in its setup?
     
  3. eibgrad

    eibgrad Addicted to LI Member

    Being curious, I did a quick test using an old ASUS WL-520gU wireless G router and Shibby v124 (Mini). I had the same problem.

    In fact, I didn't even need to enable port forwarding. I setup the router internally on my network (i.e., so its WAN was facing my local network). And I enabled remote access to the router's GUI, which doesn't require port forwarding. It just opens port 80 for access. I added two bridges (br1, br2) and their associated VLANs (vlan2, vlan3) and everything was fine. But as soon as I added bridge b3, remote access died. I didn't even create or associate a VLAN, or define a port forward. It just stopped working immediately. When I dumped connection tracking (cat /proc/net/ip_conntrack), I didn’t even see any evidence of attempt by clients outside the WAN to access the GUI.

    Bottomline, I don’t think this is a port forwarding issue per se, but just that something gets screwed up in the bridging configuration process once you reach that fourth bridge. Remote access from the WAN just becomes a victim.

    I did discover you can get around it (with a significant amount of work) by NOT defining the bridge in the GUI, but rather on the command line. I have something working, but need a little more time to clean it up.
     

Share This Page