Various posts indicated there might be some hope for this: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/netgear-nighthawk-ac1900-dst-router-r7300.26603/ http://www.myopenrouter.com/forum/which-build-r-7000 http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1012031 Hardware is allegedly near-identical, same chips and such. One even said that R7000 was silkscreened into the circuit board. Well, this is false. It says U12H338T00, the board id for the R7300, and unfortunately Shibby's R7000 files did not work on it. It went through a series of boot loops before settling down, but no response to ping or web access. Holding down the 'reset' button and forcing it to load defaults would actually make it respond to ping for a second or two during each boot loop, but then this would cease without holding the button down again. I connected a USB to TTL interface (I used an Arduino Uno, worked great) and was able to monitor the resets. I was actually able to access the tomato console and browse the folder structure. Maybe there is a log file I could dump that would be of use to someone? I was also able to flash the full R7000 AIO Shibby formware rather than the staging firmware to see if that would be any different, but it wasn't. I simply used: flash -noheader : flash1.trx from CFE and sent it via tftp (make sure you specify binary mode). I flashed it in the first place through the Netgear interface by enabling telnet (was easy as pie) and changing the board id with nvram set board_id=U12H270T00_NETGEAR followed by nvram commit. Since this is nvram it can get reset btw, I actually used the burnboardid command from the Netgear console to make it more permanent just in case this was the problem, but it wasn't. Just FYI for anyone using this command, note that it makes restoring the original Netgear firmware a bit trickier because the .chk file header won't match, you'll need to use the flash -noheader command and that means stripping off the chk header from the trx file with a hex editor, although that is pretty simple. Once back on the Netgear stock firmware, re-enable telnet and run burnboardid again with the original. I'll probably be returning this router in the next week or so (disclosing that I opened it of course) unless someone wants to assist. I can provide tomato logs as well as CFE logs when it boot loops.