1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck after initial flash on R7000 coming from DD-WRT Kong to Shibby

Discussion in 'Tomato Firmware' started by darksky, Nov 8, 2017.

  1. darksky

    darksky Networkin' Nut Member

  2. PetervdM

    PetervdM Network Guru Member

    you might try to clear your browser cache or to use another browser.
    can you telnet or ssh into the router and perform a nvram erase?
     
  3. darksky

    darksky Networkin' Nut Member

    Tried tftp, ssh, and telnet. tftp does not connect (times out). Both ssh and telnet challenge me to authenticate. Tried:

    root/admin
    admin/admin
    root/MYPASSWORD (where MYPASSWORD is the one I setup in the webGUI prior)
    admin/MYPASSWORD
    root/<<no password>>

    None of these work. The router isn't bricked in that it assigns an IP via DHCP and allows me to ping and attempt to connect, but something failed with the initial shibby flash since it still seems to be DD-WRT running on the thing.
     
  4. darksky

    darksky Networkin' Nut Member

    OK... turns out the problem was that I went from DD-WRT to shibby's initial tomato image and some of the NVRAM variables from DD-WRT were retained.

    The solution was found in this thread.

    1) Boot router and let it sit for 2-3 min.
    2) Press and hold the wifi on/off button for 25 sec, then release.
    3) Execute: telnet 192.168.1.1 223 which enters a backdoor recovery mode.
    4)
    Code:
    # nvram get http_username
    $1$XOXHLIzN$qlKRQLiwNQ6Qkp41bwZ1Vs
    
    # nvram get http_password
     
    
    Using these two values did nothing for me but I reset them:
    Code:
    # nvram set http_username=admin
    # nvram set http_password=root
    # nvram commit
    
    I was still unable to login. After rebooting the router and doing steps 2-3 above:
    Code:
    # nvram get http_username
    admin
    
    # nvram get http_passwd
    $2$LOXHLIzN$fhX4Ymoy4LlgNneth/F44n
    
    NOW... using those two values got me in. From there I updated to tomato-R7000-ARM--140-AIO-64K.trx and everything works as expected.

    Very glad to have my $160 router functional again :)
     
    Sortec and pegasus123 like this.

Share This Page