Discussion in 'HyperWRT Firmware' started by ndata, Apr 22, 2006.
im wondering does this firmware work with wrt54gs v4?
for crying out loud, READ THE TITLE, it's for a wrtSL54gs
Thibor makes a version available that is specific to each product and range of hardware version...
from Thibor's website http://www.thibor.co.uk -
There are individual releases for each of the following hardware...
Currently the only Thibor15 release is for the WRTSL54GS, builds for the other hardware are 'coming soon' and are currently at the Thibor14 release.
If you haven't already tried out Thirbor14, give it a shot in the meantime until the release of 15. I think you'll find it does an amazing job - i use it on my personal routers and love it!
the changes for most users from 14 to 15 for the WRT54G/GS when they come ot will be minor so dont worry that you have not got Thibor15 for the WRT54G yet.
Minor? try asking Thibor, he's been pulling his hair out over some of these
* Fixed Reboot command not working. a busybox issue.
* Added GUI RW support for NTFS, REISERFS, EXT2, EXT3, FAT, FAT32. Only FAT32 can be claimed by the router though. Perhaps a skilled user will make the mkfs.ntfs, mkfs.reiserfs, mkfs.ext2, etc as addons.
* Wol didn't work. Until qwerty gets to update it, i have changed over to Ether-wake which is present in Busybox.
* Using 2.00.5 Codebase(WRTSL54GS Only).
* Updated to Busybox version 1.1.2
* Updated Iptables to version 1.3.5
* Updated Dropbear to version 0.48.1 and integrated Rupan's patch
* Added Layer7 support to the command line. the Protocols are in /etc/l7-protocols.
* Fixed Numerous Web Page bugs.
* Integrated grcore's dhcp patch for when the LAN is disabled.
* Updated Log page.
* Updated HRedirect.asp to reflect it's redirect, not forwarding.
* Added Service Type for PPPoE.
* Fixed Dial On Demand bug, P2P QoS was the cause; i've removed it for now.
* Fixed Incorrect UPnP IGD Name.
* Integrated jchuit's ddns.c to fix ddns not updating.
* The Iptables matches installed are:layer7, ipp2p, webstr, string, limit, multiport, comment, addrtype, tcpmss, u32, connlimit, connmark, state, psd, tos, mac, mark, iprange, icmp, time.
* The Iptables targets installed are:TTL, MARK, CONNMARK, IPMARK, DNAT, SNAT, LOG, REDIRECT, CLASSIFY, IMQ, DSCP, TOS, REJECT, TCPMSS, MASQUERADE, autofw, TRIGGER.
* All fixes and additions are relevant to ALL versions(G/GS/SL) with the exception of codebase changes.
* Thibor15 for the G/GS/GL is coming soon
I can verify that WOL on the GUI doesn't work in Thibor 15, I'll load 15a and verify that momentarily. I can wake the computer by adding a forwarding rule on port 9 (UDP), the the "ip neigh......." command in startup, and using one of the online wake up tools at dslreports.com, however.
Okay, I just loaded 15a, and WOL IS working for me from the GUI now, whereas it was not with 15.
At least it is working immediately. I'll test with the machine in standby longer, since, as I remember, the problem with the default setup on linksys routers, is that they "forget" that a computer is connected if it is off for a while.
But, so far, so good. Thanks Thibor.
Yep, wol from gui works for me even when I have left the computer in standby for an extended period of time with Thibor 15a.