Discussion in 'Tomato Firmware' started by GeeTek, Dec 13, 2006.
I'm loading it now ! Readme looks to be mainly protocol types of fixes.
Any returns ?
I'm still at work for now :frown:
Have you already test it ?
Any returns would be appreciate :thumbup:
After i requested the Basic HTTP-Authentification for Custom-DDNS
now its already available.
Thanks a lot, now i can update my URL on a DNS-Server running
SimpleDNS plus directly from my router.
* Fixed PPPoE/PPTP/L2TP may not pick up the first DNS.
* Fixed PPPoE manual connect/disconnect.
* Fixed UPnP not using the right address for PPTP/L2TP.
* Fixed httpd fd leak if "allow wireless access" is disabled.
* Bandwidth Monitor now requires that you explicitly allow the creation of a new file if using anything other than NVRAM or temporary storage. The previous behavior was to assume a file is new if it couldn't be loaded after a few minutes. This change is to prevent existing data from being overwritten if a drive fails to mount initially.
* On a WHR-HP-G54S, enabled amplifier (boardflags=0x2758) and pulled back power to 10mW by default. This is apparently a better setting for this model.
* Manually setting debug_clkfix=0 will now disable forced setting of clkfreq=216 on a WRT54G v2.2. Warning: You can brick your router while playing with this.
* Port forwarding now allows full IP address.
* Increased amount of WDS fields to 10.
* Custom DDNS now support "http://userass@domain/" style basic authentication.
I am really impressed with this firmware. I started using it (finally) at .09. I saw when it first came out but was hesitant to use something potentially very buggy. I noticed shortly after 1.0 came out the PPPoE DNS server bug (and I am not sure whether it was on .09). I emailed the author with that, and the WHR-HP-G54 "fix" (not really a bug), the next day he already sent me an updated firmware which "fixed" both issues. I am currently (until my subscription runs out) a subscriber to Sveasoft and I don't get a tenth the response we get here!
The only "request" I made to the author that hasn't been implemented was a rather large feature request. I think that as soon as my Sveasoft subscription runs out I will have to renew for the next year by donating to this project!
Downloaded the lastest and the developer has fixed the remote upgrade process - it works now!
Version displayed after download is Version 1.01.0918.
Thank you, Jon aka Tofu! Thanks a bunch and happy holidays!!
Thats funny, yesterday i had this issue (leak in httpd that could cause the GUI to stop working) and today a new version is out which fixes that
Great work. Thanks Jon
Thats nice, but I rather wait for the next release. None of those things effect me anyway.
got 1.01 loaded onto both of mine without any problems. can't say i needed the update, but i did it anyways.
Also have 1.01 loaded. I did not have any problems that required that I upgrade, but I see that there are some PPoE fixes and that is what I use, so I figure better to upgrade just in case.
Upgrade went without a problem as it always does with Jon's firmware, both Tomato and Thibor+Tofu before. Having done programing, I can appreciate all the hard work he has put into this.
Keep up the good work, Jon!!
AND yes is have donated!! HAVE you?
I have updated both my routers... guess what I did have the dns problem... I don't anymore... I never really looked closely, but I did have the issue now that I look and see the two dns ip's. Thanks Jon for the great firmware!
works like a charms.
Will it work with a wrt54GL 1.1 ??
Yes, no problem (see my signature)
Maybe you take a look at the WiKi ->http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Tomato_Firmware#Summary
another success story... updated no problems here either! fantastic firmware!! I have a lot of DD-WRTs out "in the field" but after a week with Tomato I am quickly becoming addicted to it.
I just wish it supported some better hardware--------- like Buffalo WZR-G300N with 64mb RAM Linksys WRT300Nv1
Will it work with a wrt54gl v1.1
Simple answer is yes. I have a wrt54gl v1.1 and works fine with Tomato. Keep in mind that the wrt54gl is basicly a wrt54g v4 re-badged. I load the bin for the g router.
Hey ! I think a new fashion has started... A lot of tomatoes are growing up in users profile :smile:
Yeah, I need to figure out a way to add the tomato to my "foot"...
Yip, i like this new fashion :biggrin:
updated, as well as the profile. sweet
how about mine, do you like it ..hahaa
ROFL, Jon should open an coffee cup and T-shirt shop for tomato fans
Jon should? Hey, help yourself at CafePress.com: http://www.cafepress.com/
Tis because Tomato owns... I'll get round to editing a Mouth of Sauron into a Mouth of Tomato until then this ditty little Avatar will do