I tried to access a file via Samba (windows file share), and the router would no longer allow samba file access. It was a 600k text file. Next, I went to the router's admin interface, and every router page worked except "USB and NAS"-- that one would just not work. I checked the status page, and watched the CPU load go up gradually (over the course of a minute or so) to about 4.0 and stay there. Determined not to just pull the plug, I tried a reboot from the admin interface, to no avail. The reboot page showed up, but the router was not actually rebooting. Same with shutdown. I pulled the USB drive from the router, but nothing changed. Next, I connected via SSH, and did "ps" to show the active processes. With so many things on the list, I did not know what to kill to release system resources. However, I did see that there was a shutdown command and a shutdown-linked script (that I made) pending. They obviously were not being run. A "reboot" command from putty didnt do anything either. I've used the USB before, reliably. I think this time something went out of control though. In the future, what can I do to solve this (assuming I did not have physical access to unplug the router). Many people use the router besides me, and I use remote access to administer it.