1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomato Shibby 105 - Hosts names problem after upgrade

Discussion in 'Tomato Firmware' started by Rajesh, Feb 15, 2013.

  1. Rajesh

    Rajesh Serious Server Member

    Hi, I decided to upgrade to the last version and after... I find some issues.

    At the Web Usage dialog I can't see/resolve the names of the hosts.

    I have created at the DHCP/ARP list all the devices and introduced under the dnsmasq custom box some commands matching IPs with hosts names but... no work...

    Any advice, please? Thanks
     
  2. shibby20

    shibby20 Network Guru Member

    hosts=users? Web usage didn`t display hostnames. There is only IP Address.
     
  3. Rajesh

    Rajesh Serious Server Member

    Well, when I create users/host names in "Static DHCP/ARP/IPT" I can see a row asking for the "Hostname".
    Before upgrade my firmware, I saw the "host names" in the "devide list" and "web usage" (after click)

    Now... I hope to be clear. :(

    Thanks for your answer.
     
  4. shibby20

    shibby20 Network Guru Member

    There is no Hostname field on Web usage page and never was.
     
  5. xorglub

    xorglub Addicted to LI Member

    If you click on an ip address, it shows the hostname. Pretty good feature, seemingly implemented with ajax calls to resolve.cgi.
     
  6. Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant

    Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant Networkin' Nut Member

    Web Usage page resolves IP addresses to hostnames when clicked all ok for me.

    Probably best to prove that the IP addresses in question can be resolved to hostnames anyway...check on another system using nslookup or on the tomato router itself.
     
  7. shibby20

    shibby20 Network Guru Member

    i checked that on v106 (final version) and it`s working. I didn`t change this page well it has to works also on v105. Please check other web browser (i checked on IE9).
     
    Elfew likes this.

Share This Page