1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WAG354G website blocking by keyword

Discussion in 'Other Linksys Equipment' started by rydzejak, Feb 10, 2006.

  1. rydzejak

    rydzejak Guest

    Hi everybody,

    I have got Linksys WAG354G + firmware 1.01.05.
    I'm trying to configure "website blocking BY KEYWORD" - and it seems not to work as supposed in documentation. It seems to block website only if given word is found in url address (but blocking by url is not an issue). Either I do sth wrong or it's a bug because there is separate section for "website blocking by URL". At my LinkSys both sections works the same manner so.... sth wrong (bug?).

    What I tested:
    My test page was http://www.dyndns.com where fragment of HTML code is like this: .... <meta name="keywords" content="dynamic dns, dynamic, dns, dyndns, dns service, managed dns, network monitoring, monitoring, monitor " />. ... One of keywords is "dynamic". I put word "dynamic" (without quotes, 7 chars) into first field of "website blocking by keyword". Site http://www.dyndns.com should be blocked but it wasn't. In comparison - if I put word "dyndns" - the site was blocked.

    I wonder how this functionality works in other WAG354G models and other LinkSys products...

    Awaiting Your comments on such behaviour of LinkSys keyword blocking - which is "address blocking" in fact :-(.
     

Share This Page