Long time lurker, first time poster. Hope I don't screw up this first impression. :biggrin: First, my setup: I have a wireless network that consists of three Buffalo WHR-HP-G54s, one in router mode and two in AP mode. The router and one access point (we'll call it AP#1) are running Buffalo's most recent firmware (see signature) while the second access point (we'll call it AP#2) is running Tomato 1.07 in Access Point + WDS mode. Next, my layout: Each device is located in a separate room with a distance of roughly 20-30 feet. The apartment is itself is made of concrete (cinder block) which is why the devices are so close together. The router is centrally located with AP#1 directly south and AP#2 directly west. (Think of an L shape with the router at the center and each AP at an end.) Finally, my issue: AP#2 has been problematic from the start. Initially, I intended to use Buffalo's default firmware since, despite the firmware's horrid interface, I was accustomed to it. I managed to configure the router and AP#1 fairly quickly. However, adding AP#2 to the equation brought the entire network to a screeching halt. The "G" light on all three devices would rapidly blink until I pulled the plug on AP#2. Now, I knew that I would need more information than the default firmware could provide in order to properly troubleshoot the problem which is why I installed Tomato 1.07 on AP#2. Once properly configured, AP#2 was able to connect to the other two devices without destroying the network. However, network performance still leaves much to be desired. As it stands right now, basic ping tests reveal inconsistent communication between my laptop and each of the devices. At present, I'm seeing frequent packet loss to all devices as well as intermittent spikes in ping times. This leads me to believe that the AP#2 hardware might be faulty. Yet Tomato brought life to AP#2 which leads me to believe that I may be able adjust the hardware settings for better performance. Sorry for the long read. I wanted to make sure I provided enough info. Disclaimer: I've searched through the forums for information on "tweaking" but most of what I found dealt with the use of encryption. I haven't even tried to enable encryption yet.