Discussion in 'Cisco/Linksys Wireless Routers' started by Krasti, Dec 28, 2004.
Can anyone tell me which firmware will be the best on my WRT54GS?
bump, I would like to know this as well..
Depends on what you want to do.
If you have one WRT and don't want to do anything special, stick with the Linksys.
If you want to change a few things like signal power, try HperWRT.
If you want to change lots of stuff, like WDS, QoS, ..., try Sveasoft.
Ok ... to hand out some more information to the interested persons:
Linksys itself offers at the moment the following new options:
- menu to disable access to webmenu via wifi clients.
- choose access to webmenu via http and/or (selectable) https.
- added option to disable cookies, activex, proxy and javaapplets.
- no add-ons ... but stable versions!
HyperWRT offers the following add-ons:
- 13 instead of only 11 wifi channel
- up to 84mW wifi power. Cause 100mW is the max there is some unused!
- telnet, ssh daemon
- start and firewall scripting option (also saved upon reboot!)
- button for rebooting the server
- wpa encryption passphrase is longer than in sveasoft
- nothing special ... straight along the original version! :wink:
Sveasoft offers many more features:
- up to 14 wifi channel
- up to 251mW (300%). 100mW is the allowed maximum for germany
- vlan function to enable separated networks
- AP watchdog (checks connectability and resets if error)
- dhcpd for static ip-addressing to specific mac addresses
- Enable/disable https, dns masq, local dns, reset button, routing, snmp, sshd, telnet, upnp
- ntp time verification
- pptp server for remote access to local network via vpn
- Sveasoft hid the cookie, activex, proxy, jajascript add-on offered in latest linksys firmware
- Disbaled the "disable access to webmenu for wifi" in their firmware
That's always a difficult question and really depends what you're looking for.
Try them all, and see which one you like most