1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless client cannot connect?

Discussion in 'Tomato Firmware' started by tompom, Aug 3, 2007.

  1. tompom

    tompom LI Guru Member

    Eh, never mind, Beacon Interval was set to 1024, I put it back to 100 and it's good...can someone delete this pointless thread; I feel really stupid

    I am having (another) strange problem. When I try to connect my laptop to my WRT54G v1.1 running Tomato 1.07 one of the wireless adapters just cannot get connected.

    Sitecom WL-140 140g+ PCMCIA works flawlessly
    Intel Pro/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini just doesn't want to.

    What I see from Windows XP:
    the card starts connecting to the router (at least the popup says it's my SSID), the small yellow-ball starts moving indicating it wants an IP and then sometimes it either connects just for a split-second to disconnect again, or just fails altogether. If I leave the wireless adaptor on it will yoyo madly trying to connect.

    Also the AP doesn't show up in the wireless network list of windows with this card (with the sitecom it does).

    Tomato logs say only the following in some weird never-ending loop as long as the card is enabled.
    Aug 3 10:30:39 tomatoter daemon.info dnsmasq[13663]: DHCPDISCOVER(br0) 00:04:23:9a:4c:c7
    Aug 3 10:30:39 tomatoter daemon.info dnsmasq[13663]: DHCPOFFER(br0) 192.168.1.124 00:04:23:9a:4c:c7
    Aug 3 10:32:04 tomatoter daemon.info dnsmasq[13663]: DHCPDISCOVER(br0) 00:04:23:9a:4c:c7
    Aug 3 10:32:04 tomatoter daemon.info dnsmasq[13663]: DHCPOFFER(br0) 192.168.1.124 00:04:23:9a:4c:c7
    Aug 3 10:32:10 tomatoter daemon.info dnsmasq[13663]: DHCPDISCOVER(br0) 00:04:23:9a:4c:c7
    Aug 3 10:32:10 tomatoter daemon.info dnsmasq[13663]: DHCPOFFER(br0) 192.168.1.124 00:04:23:9a:4c:c7
    Aug 3 10:32:10 tomatoter daemon.info dnsmasq[13663]: DHCPREQUEST(br0) 192.168.1.124 00:04:23:9a:4c:c7
    Aug 3 10:32:10 tomatoter daemon.info dnsmasq[13663]: DHCPACK(br0) 192.168.1.124 00:04:23:9a:4c:c7 kerecsen
    Aug 3 10:32:14 tomatoter daemon.info dnsmasq[13663]: DHCPRELEASE(br0) 192.168.1.124 00:04:23:9a:4c:c7
    Aug 3 10:32:40 tomatoter daemon.info dnsmasq[13663]: DHCPDISCOVER(br0) 00:04:23:9a:4c:c7
    Aug 3 10:32:40 tomatoter daemon.info dnsmasq[13663]: DHCPOFFER(br0) 192.168.1.124 00:04:23:9a:4c:c7
    Aug 3 10:32:45 tomatoter daemon.info dnsmasq[13663]: DHCPDISCOVER(br0) 00:04:23:9a:4c:c7
    Aug 3 10:32:45 tomatoter daemon.info dnsmasq[13663]: DHCPOFFER(br0) 192.168.1.124 00:04:23:9a:4c:c7
    Aug 3 10:32:45 tomatoter daemon.info dnsmasq[13663]: DHCPREQUEST(br0) 192.168.1.124 00:04:23:9a:4c:c7
    Aug 3 10:32:45 tomatoter daemon.info dnsmasq[13663]: DHCPACK(br0) 192.168.1.124 00:04:23:9a:4c:c7 kerecsen

    All the Advanced > Wireless settings are at their defaults.

    Now I know the card works because I have tried it on another router and there I could connect. The router is set up as 'Access Point' in Mixed Mode (as the Intel card is only B) with WPA2 protection (this wasn't an issue either with my old DD-WRT firmware).
     

Share This Page