Discussion in 'Sveasoft Firmware' started by aledr, Apr 19, 2005.
I upgrade my V 3 router to Satori 4 and I can't access it anymore..
What can I do??
But I can't connect to the router.. It don't answer the ping requests...
read this htread it is full of info just long
When I make the firmware upgrade I choose the option to reset to firwmware defaults...
whats your question.
can you access the router over wireless?
So I was using the Alchemy pre-7a firmware in the V 3 WRTG54G, but the client mode was not working. I decide to try Satori firmware to correct it, so i go to Administration Menu --> Firmware Upgrade.
There I chosse Reset Firmware Defaults, and choose the new firmware to upload. Succesful message, and I click in Continue... After that no more connection. I try to change my IP to 192.168.1.xxx and nothin, so I come here to find some help...
did you try earthing pin16 that always works. it is in the link i posted
No not yet, because it is in the warrantly. But I wouldn't use it for the time I will save...
I lookin' for any other solution... if i don't search i will try the pin16 ok?
Thanks by your regards...
ok your call
I bricked my V3 router doing the exact same software upgrade. The key for me was to use the ping -t command in one window as I did a long reset. Shorting pins did not seem to solve my V3 problem.
Take a look at this URL:
So I reset hold the reset button and received the ping responses.
But when I enter the line: tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put c:\firmware - I take this message:
"Server error: code pattern incorrect"
Now I have the power!!!!
Greats windsurfer and jagboy now everything is okay!!!
So, what firmware You use in the V 3 of WRT54G for Client and Access Point modes?
good to hear that you go it up and running. to what firmware you should run i think that the only firmware avalible it hyperwrt but i am not sure about this.
A colleague here, from Brazil suggest HyperWRT too, and now I just finished to upload the DD-WRT 22 V 3.3 prefinal, and everything okay. But here I have only one WRT54G, tomorrow I will have 4 bacause this I can't say if it works right on the client mode... I will late for two days from now, but will tell you if something wrong occur, or if it work properly.
If you find anything interesting for my doubt please post here!!
If you can get client mode working please let me know as I am currently waiting for someone to get a V3 version ready. I tried HyperWRT and got some real strange things going on with my LAN ports in client mode. That was when I tried the wrong version of code and had to figure out how to debrick the router.
Glad to hear you got yours working again.
Here are some results from my testing.
HyperWRT seems to work on V3 hardware but I could not get the radio to see my access point in client mode.
I then went to DD-WRT and using the same settings the radio can see my access point. It still does not work because the routing table does not come out right.
Just be be clear, I am using the instructions shown on the following page for setting up the client.
They list what the routing table should look like and I do not get these values at all. Using ping I can confirm that it is not routing correctly.