Discussion in 'HyperWAP Firmware' started by NRGXBOX, Feb 12, 2006.
There is no third party firmware available, only stock Linksys firmware. There will never be third party firmware. The latest version is 1.00.6.
Yhis is the change log:
Linksys, A division of Cisco Systems, Inc.
Classification: Firmware Release History
Firmware Date: 1/10/2006
Release Date: 1/17/2006
Last Firmware Version: 1.00.6
- Resolves issues with WAP54G repeater mode
- Resolves issues with certain PPPoE connection
- Resolves issues with SES turning back on when applying settings
- Resolves issues with WPA allowing Shared key selection
- Resolves issues with web GUI ping function
- Resolves issues with using MSN whiteboard
- Resolves issues with instability when using Bittorent
- Resolves issues with using certain ATA phone adapters
- Resolves issues with connecting to NNTP news servers
- Resolves issues with slow downstream speeds
- Resolves issues with certain web sites not loading or loading slowly
- Resolves issues with obtaining an IP address from Windows 2000 Server
- Resolves issues with certain Internet video streaming
- Resolves issues with playing PSP games online
- Resolves issue with SES and interoperability with other adapters
- Resolves issue with DynDNS abusive updates
- Resolves issue with enabling remote management
- Resolves issue with unstable device boot up
- Resolves issue with International country codes
- Initial Release
** NOTE ** This firmware is only compatible with WRT54G v.5 or above. Please check the bottom of your router for the router's hardware
take i back and buy one with a cgn6 as the first four of the serial
ya i was just reding about this.....its going back
so either a early WRT54GS would be good or a WRT54GL would work?
WRT54GL = All Models
WRT54G = Serial CDFA or earlier (CDFB = V5)
WRT54GS = Serial CGN6 or earlier (CGN& = V5)
WRT54GS Serial CGN5 (V3) or earlier has double the RAM and double the FLASH for extra room. Tofu and Thibor both work in the CGN6 (V4) hardware, though, so you don't NEED the extra RAM - but if you find one it doesn't hurt to have it.
Odd how there is not a single entry in there that says:
Resolves problem with this hardware NOT being "wrt54G" - but a mere shadow of one and a piece of merde at that.
While it is possible to upgrade a v5 now, I'd recommend just getting a WRT54GL (the L means its already running linux so its easier to load firmware). The GL model also has more memory and can load a larger firmware file (such as DD-WRT's many different packages). With the WRT54G, it runs VXworks (crap) and doesn't have as much memory so you can only load the "micro" DD-WRT firmware.