Discussion in 'Cisco/Linksys Wireless Routers' started by Alferez, Jan 10, 2005.
Can I use wrt54gs that vpn server with unoficial firmware?
Yes, you can use the GS as a VPN server... take a look at Sveasofts firmware
The soon to be released 'Alchemy' firmware supports a VPN server along with these other features....
The latest firmware from Sveasoft is called Alchemy and is currently available only to Sveasoft subscribers. Alchemy adds approximately three dozen features beyond the standard Linksys firmware. All of the standard Linksys features* are included. The Sveasoft features are an addition to the base Linksys feature set. With the additional Sveasoft features the router takes on the role of an SPI firewall, a QoS bandwidth manager, a VPN server, and much more.
Read more about Alchemy in the forums.
* Linysys subscription based URL blocking is not supported.
Current Alchemy feature additions:
- Hotspot portal
- PPTP VPN server
- Two-way bandwidth management (includes P2P, VoIP, IM)
- SSH client and server
- Startup, firewall, and shutdown scripts
- WDS repeater mode
- Client mode (support multiple attached devices)
- Adhoc mode
- OSPF routing
- RIP2 routing
- Power boost to 251 mw
- Antenna select
- Static DHCP address assignments
- Additional DDNS support
- Wireless MAC address clone
- VLAN support (hardware only)
- WPA over WDS
- WPA/TKIP with AES
- Client mode WPA
- Client isolation mode
- P2P blocking/bandwidth management (Gnutella, Kazaa, etc)
- Port triggering
- Remote syslog
- Remote Ntop statistics
- Safe backup and restore
- Reset on firmware upgrade
- Status includes system uptime and load average
- Status for wireless clients and WDS
- Site survey
- Remote NTP server support
- Supports new WRT54G V2.2 and WRT54GS V1.1 models
Where can i found information about pptp server with Alchemy????
Where i can config user for vpn server