This time I will try to be as "concise" as possible. Everything will be expalined below. The two NICs I have connected via WiFi to the Router negotiate a connection @ 125mbps, over time they throttle down (which is normal) to 54mbps, 48mbps, 24mbps, 11mbps,... and (this I no longer see as normal) every other day or so... down to 2mbps and finally 1mbps at which point the connection stalls or is lost. Here, the Router often dissapears from the Wireless Network Monitor Site Survey (refreshing does not bring it back) and only a hard reboot restores (default) connectivity. Meanwhile, as all of this takes place the LEDs on the router never indicate any problems, no resets, no nothing. Other times, the router configuration screens and internet browsing shows extreme lag (even with a negotiated setting of 125mbps) and strangely enough to fix the problem all I need to do is change the channel (from 1 to 11, from 11 to 6, from 6 to 13, etc.)... within a day the same problem occurs on that "new" channel and switching back to the one that initially caused problems brings back the speedy response. I've tried using the latest HyperWRT build (HyperWRT 2.1b1 @ 50%, 67%, even 84%, etc.) with similar settings but it too did not solve the problem (albeit the setup seems a little more stable for longer periods of time using HyperWRT) but soon enough everything goes haywire. Both NICs use the Linksys Wireless Networking Monitor v1.1 (I have v4.0 installer but for different hardware and I'm not sure if it is a good idea to use it in place of these speedbooster v1.1s). I've modified the "default" profile to reflect my settings. If connected, under advanced link information I can see: For the WPC54GS: Noise Level: -67dBm (sometimes -45dBm) Signal Strength: -63dBm (sometimes -10dBm) For the WMP54GS: Noise Level: -143dBm Signal Strength: -61dBm (sometimes -53dBm and/or -56dBm) I hope someone can help me or at least lead me in the right direction when it comes to diagnosing the source or sources of these problems. Any suggestions? Can I assume the router is faulty? Could it be something external (previously with 802.11b hardware there were NO problems)? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My current setup consists of 2 clients (one notebook, one desktop - both P4s with 1GB DDR RAM) running XP SP2 (plus all the latest patches, hardware firmwares/drivers, chipset drivers, no hardware conflicts, no adware, no spyware, no trojans, no viruses) Fully optimized BIOS settings, tweaked XP settings, very few running services (but I'm sure I haven't disabled anything critical or such that could be causing these problems - note that Wireless Zero Configuration Windows Firewall/IPS and IPSEC are disabled, I've also disabled DNS client and DHCP client when not using the DHCP server on the AP), defragmented NTFS volumes, Mozilla Firefox 1.01 and 15 second boot-times, bla bla bla. Anyhow, the network consists of: 0. TOSHIBA PCX2500 Cable Modem - TWC Roadrunner @ 5000/384 1. LINKSYS WRT54GS "US v1.0" @ Firmware "EU v3.37.2" 2. LINKSYS WPC54GS "US" @ Driver "EU v220.127.116.11" 3. LINKSYS WMP54GS "US" @ Driver "EU v18.104.22.168" Wireless Network Mode: G-only(tried Mixed-Mode - didn't help - why woudl it?) Wireless Network Name (SSID): radiowa, domowa, linksys (no apparent difference) Wireless Channel: 1, 6, 11, 13 (no apparent difference - note that most APs in my area are on 6 with a single AP on 1) DHCP Server: Enabled, Disabled (no apparent difference - when enabled I limit the Maximum Number of DHCP Users to 2) Static DNS: hardcoded or obtained via DHCP (no apparent difference) Security Mode: disabled Wireless MAC Filter: enabled Permit only: Permit only PCs listed to access the wireless network (hardcoded my two clients and saved settings) Authentication Type: auto Basic Rate: all Transmission Rate: all CTS Protection Mode: disabled Frame Burst: enabled Beacon Interval: 50, 100 (at 50 problems occur less often but are not eliminated) DTIM Interval: 1 Fragmentation Threshold: 2346, 2304 (no apparent difference) RTS Threshold: 2347, 2304 (no apparent difference) AP Isolation: on, off (at on problems occur less often but are not eliminated) Block Anonymous Internet Requests: checked Filter Multicast: checked Filter Internet NAT Redirection: unchecked Filter IDENT(Port 113): checked IPSec Passthrough: disabled PPTP Passthrough: disabled L2TP Passthrough: disabled UPnP: disabled PS - In the past I've used the WZC and found it provided limited success with the 802.11g hardware (not so with my old 802.11b where it performed flawlessly). I decided to try the Linksys Wireless Network Monitor to specify my networks exact (more or less) settings and prevent the NICs from associating with other APs or dropping connections to/from my AP. I guess this did not help.