Dish Hopper with Tomato

Discussion in 'Tomato Firmware' started by STEVEWEST, Feb 19, 2013.


    STEVEWEST Addicted to LI Member

    I have a Dish hopper and sling adapter and cannot access the sling or hopper from the Internet. The hopper gets an IP address and I can stream movies. I have tried forwarding ports and DMZ, with no luck. I can ping the box non stop, with no dropout. I am wondering if anyone has this setup working and what they did.

    Thanks for any help!
  2. jerrm

    jerrm Network Guru Member

    Does the Hopper show up in your DishAnywhere account as "online." I assume you know you have to use the DishAnywhere site or DishAnywhere apple/android apps. The apps for a standalone slingbox will not work with the sling adapter.

    I have two hoppers. Currently running Shibby 105 at home. It all works OK about 95% of the time. The other 5% I assume are Dish issues. I use the Dish moca bridge(HIC) for Hopper connectivity, but wireless or cat5 to the hopper should be OK.

    Port forwarding/dmz/etc shouldn't be necessary. I do not have upnp, forwards, triggers or anything special enabled on the router. It works without any of that using standard udp hole punching.

    I know that isn't a lot of help, but I doubt Tomato is the problem.

    STEVEWEST Addicted to LI Member

    I have an n-16 running shibby 105 AIO AND have tried from my IPad, and android phone. I tried replacing the hopper. Just wondering if there was anything special I needed in the settings!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice