Discussion in 'Cisco/Linksys Network Storage Devices' started by infernal, Oct 2, 2008.
How can i change the gui in nas200?
1. Download the sources from Linksys
2. Download the missing binary files from my website
3. Compile the sources and combine with the missing binaries
4. Browse through the sources, find web-GUI related files, change what you want.
5. Download to the NAS200
6. Lather, rinse, repeat :halo:
PS make sure you don't paint yourself into a corner: the web GUI is the easiest way to update your firmware; if you break it so you can't get to the firmware update page, you can't easily go back to a previous version...
Rather than keep downloading/flashing a new firmware everytime you make a change you can try using my firmware:
It will allow you to put the firmware file in a USB drive and boot from it. Make sure you read the instructions as this firmware does not have any Web GUI.
Is it possible just to add GUI?
I started the original UI at 81 port and made a second thttpd to run at 80. Then I configured the second thttpd to my www folder and it working fine, but index file is not loaded automatically...
I think that it is a common improvement thatâ€™s needed - probably many users will be happy to create their own webpage hosted on the NAS.