Limiting upload speed based on ports?

Discussion in 'HyperWRT Firmware' started by enkoopa, Nov 9, 2006.

  1. enkoopa

    enkoopa LI Guru Member

    I've done some searching and found some scripts to limit upload speed by IP address.

    Is it possible to take it a step further and limit it by the port? I'd like to limit bit-torrent upload speeds to 75% of my upstream, leaving the remaining 25% for web traffic. Since some PC's use bit torrent as well as do other tasks, it would be nice to limit it based on the port rather then the IP address since if I'm running bit torrent and also surfing, it's no use if I'm capped at a certain amount.

    This way regardless of what the upload speed is set between any of the computers, it would be capped in the end by the router.

  2. binderz77

    binderz77 Network Guru Member

    I don't know which BitTorrent client you are using but I am using azureus and it lets me set the upload speed to whatever I want for each torrent. Maybe this helps....(
  3. enkoopa

    enkoopa LI Guru Member

    I have 80kb/sec max upstream.

    The problem is, if I set my Azureus to 40kb/sec upload, and my roomate does the same, we're still using 100% of our upload bandwidth.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice