Problem with daily stats

Discussion in 'Tomato Firmware' started by paped, Feb 22, 2007.

  1. paped

    paped LI Guru Member

    Hi hoping somebody can help I have my router setup to store the stats on CIFS1 and everything has been fine since Dec 11th 2006 until Feb 13th at 9.25 am which is the last write to the file and since then the daily stats have stopped updating. All the data is shown on the router between the above dates but nothing since the 13th Feb. I have rebooted both the router and PC there is connectivity to the network share so I just cannot understand why I cannot get it to work again.
    Has anybody had this problem or have any ideas regarding what it could be or how to fix it? Is there a 3 month limit on these stats, if there is, is there anyway to archive them or something?

    Many thanks for any help in advance.....
  2. digitalgeek

    digitalgeek Network Guru Member

    double check the settings, there have been cases when ugrading and the rstats settings change to the default or "new" defaults.
  3. critic

    critic LI Guru Member

    check if log file is not full
  4. paped

    paped LI Guru Member

    OK I have double checked everything on the router and here is what I have
    1) CIFS1 is setup to the correct directory and it shown as mounted.
    2) Admin: Bandwidth is enabled, set to save to CIFS1 every hour. However I have tried to do a backup and I get a 500 Unknown browser error.

    Re the log file I have just rebooted again so it is only showing the bootup entries and a couple of dropbear errors which appear to be pretty normal as I normally see a number of these....
  5. paped

    paped LI Guru Member

    Also just reloaded the firmware (v1.40) and I still have the same issues as above......?????
  6. paped

    paped LI Guru Member

    FIXED - so to help anybody else, the problem was that I had removed the backup NTP time server as I started using my own, this firstly seemed to corrupt the config file of the router so I could not add the backup NTP address back in to the config. Secondly my time server had failed thus when my router rebooted due to a power failure on the 13th it could not sync the time and hence could not add the stats as it did not know the true date. The fix I have applied is, before and after each upgrade I alway take a backup (habit when upgrading phone systems, which lucky I have continued for my router!!!!) I restored the backup from after the 1.40 upgrade, updated the backup NTP time server and the router is now showing the stats for today. I have since got my own time server working again, it is now not being reported as "insane" and everything is now working as it should be.... Thanks for the help above and hopefully this will help anybody in the future with a similar issue.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice