Problem with v23 SP2

Discussion in 'DD-WRT Firmware' started by wootwoot, Sep 23, 2006.

  1. wootwoot

    wootwoot Network Guru Member

    I just upgraded from v23 to v23 SP2 and the router is working but I am unable to get the web interface to work. I am able to telnet to it and everything seems to be working but the web interface is hosed. How can I get it back? I installed the standard version on a WRT54G.
  2. critic

    critic LI Guru Member

    set static ip card to your nic card
  3. bikei1973

    bikei1973 Guest

    Try to connect secure to the router https://
  4. dellsweig

    dellsweig Network Guru Member

    Can you explain "hosed"

    Do you ge the password prompt??
  5. reber

    reber Network Guru Member

    Have you done a hard reset? Hold reset button down for 30s, /release and /renew your ip connection, and try again.
  6. acruxksa

    acruxksa Network Guru Member

    You don't happen to have the "no script" extension running on firefox do you? I've learned the hard way that this extension will "hose" the GUI but leave telnet and ssh working properly. You can fix it by allowing scripts to run on the ip address that your router is at. In my case I allowed to run scripts, but when I reflashed to a newer firmware and did a full reset I forgot about "no script" and it wouldn't allow the GUI to work on the default ip of Anyway, live and learn. This may not be your problem, but I just thought I'd mention it just in case.
  7. wootwoot

    wootwoot Network Guru Member

    A hard reset fixed the problem for me, thank you for your help.
  8. wootwoot

    wootwoot Network Guru Member

    Looks like I spoke too early, I was able to setup my wireless network name and put WPA on and after I applied that I am back where I was. I have no access to the web interface again. :(
  9. Boric

    Boric LI Guru Member

    I got the same issue, except I upgraded from v23 SP1 to v23 SP2. Have no idea how to fix it :(
  10. pablito

    pablito Network Guru Member

    Is there an error in the browser? I had the same thing but can't remember the exact error message. My problem happened after I set an incorrect proxy redirect on the Hotspot page. After I did an nvram variable change via telnet to turn off the redirect all was well again. A factory default reset would have worked too.
  11. Boric

    Boric LI Guru Member

    After I reset the router, I can access I also changed the wireless network name. So far so good.
  12. ybbmadysu

    ybbmadysu Network Guru Member

    Hey guys. I have had many problems with sp2. seems that after I make a change in the settings, I have to unplug it for about 1 minute. Then everything works again. After I change the ssid, have to unplg. change usr name and pass, have to unplg. enable wds, unplg. change anything in the admin section, have to unplg.

    Now that all my settings are done, just got voip, snrckt. tried to enable qos, all wired connections were lost. tried to get that back but had to give up. just wont work.

    I am going to flash sp1 back until sp2 is near bug free.
  13. ybbmadysu

    ybbmadysu Network Guru Member

    ok let me add. I did not downgrade, seems that i am way to lazy for that!

    good news, I grew a brain and got QOS to work. Now everything is good.

    still wrkng on snrckt issues, but that for my doctor and i to figure out.

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice