Tomato Multilanguage

Discussion in 'Tomato Firmware' started by shibby20, Aug 7, 2011.

  1. shibby20

    shibby20 Network Guru Member

    Finally finished multilanguage feature for tomato. At the moment i have translated tomato-RT in 99.99% with selectable English and Polish languages.
    If you want make translation with your own language please send PM to me and tell me which language you want make.
    Next step is merge multilanguage feature with my tomato`s branch.
    - English -
    - Polish -
    Best Regards!
  2. pupie

    pupie Networkin' Nut Member

    that's cool shibby20,
    I just make the first shot that I compiled Toastman-RT for my BCM5354 and i like this mod badly. I would like to work with you to translate the UI into S-Chinese. Please tell me how can I help you with and merge back to those branches so that everyone can share it.
  3. shibby20

    shibby20 Network Guru Member

    first, thank you for feedback.

    tomato-rt branch is currently ready to translate. You can look at multilanguage branch.

    here you find a english dictionary to translate:

    here is my Polish translation (as example, how it should be done)

    If you want make translation based on Toastman`s branch, im afraid Toastman should first merge multilanguage branch with his own and add trasnaltion of his features to English dictionary. Of course you can merge branches yourself but it`s a lot of work.

    I think better way for you is use my branch (tomato-shibby) as a base. I and Toastman have very similar features of Tomato and both use tomato-RT as a base.
    I will try today (or tomorrow) push to git repository merged multilanguage feature with my branch and new english dictionary. Then i will send you link do dictionary, you will make Chinese transation and send to me, and i will push new language to git.

    I hope it will motivate others to do translations for other languages.

    Best Regards!
  4. pupie

    pupie Networkin' Nut Member

  5. shibby20

    shibby20 Network Guru Member

    Thank you

    i will fix bug with "<% translate("Link".

    Please add to you dictionary all "not translated" words:
    Web Usage=


    I will update english dictionary.
  6. pupie

    pupie Networkin' Nut Member

    Hi, I updated S-Chinese dictionary and updated to google svn with above same place, please merge it to your code treee.
    I also came up with list for all issues during the translation, including strings not in dictionary, string that was not translated after switching languages and ao so.
    I am not sure if the project is using a bug tracking system so Please refer attached excel sheet.

    Attached Files:

  7. pupie

    pupie Networkin' Nut Member

    i found that you updated english dictionary so that i made some updates per your updated english dictionary to:
    please note that there are two entries in your original english dictionary without the equal sign and i put some additional entries into S-Chinese dictionary, please check with above issues in the excel sheet I reported to see if they need to merge back to english dictionary.

    row927: Type
    row1255:To enable/enforce static ARP binding for a particular device, it must have only one MAC associated with that particular IP address (i.e. you can't have two MAC addresses linked to the same hostname/device in the

    I will update the S-Chinese translation from time to time per your updated dictionary, once the english dictionary is 'stable' i will direcly update S-Chinese translation to git repository per your agreement.( sorry for that i am still learning how to use git ;-) )
  8. shibby20

    shibby20 Network Guru Member

    thank you. i will update zh_CN dict.
  9. eahm

    eahm LI Guru Member

    Thank you, I'll make the Italian ASAP.
  10. pupie

    pupie Networkin' Nut Member

    hi shibby,
    I am wondering if we have better solution to make the multi-language translation better. As most translation contributors may not be a programmer, it is not a good solution to let them to push code to git, I suggest that we move the localization to web based internationalization projects platform so that more users can easily update the dictionary online and coders could keep all resource files in sync.
    for example:
    Per its help it supports

    Another issue recently i noticed is that the un-translated strings on the UI. I noticed that you had updated Polish dictionary which has big differenece to the English dictionary - at least translation are on different rows for same words
    I complied your latest git code tree replaced with my local updated S-Chinese dictionary. I found that some strings are not switched although its translation had already in dictionary, then I add nothing to the dictionary but put the translation in different row and complied all again. the situation is better. Some English strings are switched to S-Chinse but some are not after i changed the tomato UI language in web settings.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice