hello guys, i'm at a german isp that calls itself t-home, they offer IPTV and interwebs over VDSL2. in order to connect via vdsl, you get your modem hooked up and connect to it using a network card that lets you apply vlan tags to the outgoing packets. over an in such a way tagged device, you can then start your garden variety pppoe-daemon and establish a ppp connection. i have succeeded in establishing a connection using my ubuntu linux box and create a vlan interface doing the following: vconfig add eth0 7 pppoeconf was then able to detect an access concentrator on eth1.7 and configure login data for a connection. `pon` then established the ppp connection and everything worked excellently. okay now, since tomato is basically an embedded linux system, i was trying to replicate what i achieved on the ubuntu linux box onto the tomato box. i figured, a simple pppoecd xyz[...] (syntax/parameters as they read in `ps w`) would do the job, so as the original pppoe-connection command accesses the vlan1 device, i attempted to add a VID7-tag to that device: vconfig add vlan1 7 that created a device called vlan7. i tried `pppoecd vlan1.7[...]`, which would be the syntax the debianesque ubuntu uses, but that segfaulted. i'm guessing, tomato doesn't like the notation for the vlan'd interface. i afterwards tried `pppoecd vlan7[...]` which spat out no error, but didn't do anything of significance either. it didn't even result in any log output, although i configured tomato to log pppoe messages. my guess is now that just firing up pppoecd alone doesn't do the job. maybe i'm also doing something else wrong, i'm at a loss really. i'd be happy about any kind of pointer anyone can provide. thanks.